Little Climbers Vision, Ethos and Values
Positive, caring relationships based on trust and respect are at the heart of our approach.
We have a clear vision of what we want to achieve at Little Climbers Nursery:
- To provide a safe, caring, secure and stimulating environment for your child.
- To enable all children to develop their capabilities as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors to society.
- To help all children to prepare for the future.
Little Climbers Nursery: a place to learn, develop and grow 'happy healthy children'
Bible text from Matthew 19 vs 14
But Jesus said, 'let the little children come to me and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'
Friendship Trust Love
Our Mission Statement
Develop: Our children as confident individuals with an appreciation of the Christian faith
Challenge: Our children in order for them to reach their full potential
Inspire: Our children through a creative and stimulating environment that supports curiosity, encourages enquiring minds and develops independent learners
Nurture: Our children in a warm and safe environment that supports and promotes wellbeing
Succeed: In fostering creative, considerate and confident individuals.
Our aim is to be of service to the community, to develop well-rounded children who have the confidence to be themselves as individuals, to enjoy learning and strive to reach their full potential.
We aim for our children to:
- Have an awareness of their own and others physical, emotional, social understanding and spiritual wellbeing.
- Have a sense of belonging in our nursery and wider community, whilst respecting the values, opinions, culture and beliefs of others.
- Develop a greater understanding of the Christian faith.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic and confident attitude towards lifelong learning.
- Know how to keep themselves and others safe within the nursery and wider community.
- Develop an understanding of what it means to be British.
We believe children will achieve these aims by experiencing:
- A safe, secure, stimulating and inclusive learning environment.
- A broad, balanced and child-centred curriculum/ Early Learning Goals which reflects the community in which we live, work and the wider world.
- High quality creative teaching which supports and challenges learners.
- An ethos which is underpinned by Christian values.
- Positive opportunities to reflect upon their own and others beliefs, cultures and values.
- A learning partnership between the nursery, parents, carers and the community.
- Challenging age appropriate opportunities to develop spiritual, moral, social and emotional wellbeing.
- A fair system of rewards and encouragements.
To ensure we meet our aims, we:
- Giving a high priority to well-being of all.
- Putting Safeguarding at the forefront of what we do.
- Have a time of short stories, prayer and singing each day.
- Regularly evaluating the effectiveness of teaching, learning and the personal progress of every child.
- Having a programme of professional development for all staff.
- Ensuring learning resources are up-to-date and financial resources are well managed.
- Providing opportunities for children to explore Christian beliefs, morals and values through both teaching and educational visits.
- Providing an open and supportive environment so the children are free to express themselves and their views.
- Celebrate children’s achievements.
- Following the EYFS towards those of different faiths and beliefs.
- Communicating effectively with parents/carers, management, the local community and all involved in the life of the nursery.
- Having an agreed system to reward and an understandable consequences if rules are broken.
- Reinforcing the Mission Statement and rules by having displays throughout the nursery.